- Development of Leaving Care Services in Kyiv Oblast
- EU Development of Integrated Social Services for Exposed Families and Children (2005-2007)
- Mother and Baby Unit in the City of Chernigiv (2004-2006)
- Establishment of Family Care Support Services in Rural Areas
- TACIS IBPP - Capacity Building of Local NGOs in Providing Focused Social Support to Vulnerable Families with Children (2004-2005)
- Development of Fostering and Family Support Services for Care Supervision (2003-2005)
- Preventative Services for Mothers and Babies
- Family Crisis Centre СCareТ
- Complex Aid to Children and Families in Lviv Oblast
- Developing Residential Practice - Internat No 2 in Lviv
« Development of Fostering and Family Support Services for Care Supervision (2003-2005)
To develop family-type forms of state childcare for children-orphans and children, deprived of parental care.
Kyiv, Lviv regions.
Information campaign on fostering
- social workers who realize foster families establishment and social supervision;
- parents who express their wish to become foster parents and take care of a child-orphan or a child, deprived of parental care;
- children-orphans and children, deprived of parental care who need family environment;
Project maintains the right of children to be raised in a family-type environment. In compliance with this foster families are being set up as a family-type form of state childcare.
1. To develop 6 Family Support Services for Family Care Supervision (on the base of a rayon or city CSSY).
2. To establish 20 foster families in Lviv and Kyiv oblasts to ensure family environment for children-orphans and children, deprived of parental care.
3. To improve methodology of fostering implementation; to make corrections and proposals regarding the introduction of changes in a present legislation of Ukraine based on the outcomes of the project.
1. Care Supervision were established to develop fostering as an alternative form of state childcare in Kyiv region (Vyshgorod rayon, Kyyevo-Svyatoshyn rayon the city of Brovary) and Lviv region (Stryy rayon, the city of Dgogobych).
2. Family Support Services for Family Care Supervision were established on the platform of local Centres for Social Services for Youth; Family Support Centre was established in the city of Lviv on the platform of Lviv oblast Centre for Social Services for Youth.
3. Social workers were provided on average with 10 days of specialized professional training.
4. A large-scale informational campaign on foster care candidates recruitment was conducted.
5. Foster care candidates were provided on average with 6 days of specialized psychological and pedagogical training.
6. From the beginning of the project up to January 2005 efforts of social workers from Family Support Services for Family Care Supervision have led to the following results:
Foster families established Children placed Adoptio Children placed Kyiv oblast
- Head Family and Youth Department of Kyiv oblast State Administration
- Head Family and Youth Department of Lviv oblast State Administration
- Vyshgorod District State Administration, Kyyevo-Svyatoshyno District State Administration, Brovary City Council, Kyiv oblast
- Stryy District State Administration, Drogobych City Council, Lviv oblast, Lviv City Council