- Development of Leaving Care Services in Kyiv Oblast
- EU Development of Integrated Social Services for Exposed Families and Children (2005-2007)
- Mother and Baby Unit in the City of Chernigiv (2004-2006)
- Establishment of Family Care Support Services in Rural Areas
- TACIS IBPP - Capacity Building of Local NGOs in Providing Focused Social Support to Vulnerable Families with Children (2004-2005)
- Development of Fostering and Family Support Services for Care Supervision (2003-2005)
- Preventative Services for Mothers and Babies
- Family Crisis Centre СCareТ
- Complex Aid to Children and Families in Lviv Oblast
- Developing Residential Practice - Internat No 2 in Lviv
« TACIS IBPP - Capacity Building of Local NGOs in Providing Focused Social Support to Vulnerable Families with Children (2004-2005)
Capacity building of NGOs who work in the interests of children to provide assistance to families in crisis.
Aim of the Project:
The project promotes the right of vulnerable families with children to have access to high-quality social services.
It is aimed at prevention of abandonment of children to state care as well as at increasing capacity of existing system of social services provision to families.
Kyiv, Lviv, Sevastopol.
- vulnerable families with children
- Social work specialists, who work for the Centres for Social Services for Youth and for the Ukrainian League of Social Workers of Ukraine
Project is implemented through training courses realization and internship programmes for the NGOs managers, who work in the area of child welfare.
Training courses were devoted to a good practice of support provision to families in crisis.
Project conducted of round tables for the representatives of local and oblast level authorities aimed at adjustment of cooperation with project participants in order to consolidate inter-departmental cooperation
1. Set up of three regional training centres on the basis of regional units of The Ukrainian League of Social Workers. Development of Family Support Services in 16 rayons of Ukraine.
2. Approximation of existing foreign and Ukrainian experience in the area of social work and publication of the worked out methodology.
1. Capacity building of The Ukrainian League of Social Workers to provide targeted social support to vulnerable families with children was strengthened;
- Three training centres in selected pilot areas of Ukraine were established on the basis of relevant branches of the Ukrainian League of Social Workers:
- Centre located in Kyiv and operating for Kyiv Oblast;
- Lviv city Centre, located in Lviv and operating for Lviv Oblast ;
- Centre located in Sevastopol and operating in the city of Sevastopol and in the Crimea republic.
- Centres provide training for state and regional Centres for Social Services for Youth (CSSY) and NGOs, develop and disseminate methodological materials on social support provision.
- Professional development of trainers and NGOs managers was improved;
- Regional training Centres were provided with module trainings and mentoring of EveryChild and British Association of Social Workers. Methodological and practical experience of the project was recorded, summarized and disseminated at training courses and round tables.
2. Network of Family Support Services established and operational in pilot regions; social workers were provided on average with 15 days of specialized professional training.
From the beginning of the project up to now 377 families with 918 children were placed under supervision.
Children boys 485 girls 433 Parents (or guardians) men 130 women 275 Families 377
- Specialized Family Support Services (SFSS) were developed and operational on the platform of Centres for Social Services for Youth (CSSY):
- - in Baryshiv, Pereyaslav-Khmelnytskyy, Skvyra, Tarashcha, Fastiv, Bila-Tserkva, Kyyevo-Svyatoshyn, Borodyanka rayons and in the cities of Irpin, Slavutych, Kyiv oblast;
- in Sokal, Yavoriv rayons and in the city of Drogobych, Lviv oblast;
- in the city of Sevastopol, in Bakhchisaraj and Masandra village councils of the Crimea republic.
- Ukrainian League of Social Workers of Ukraine
- EveryChild Representative Office in Ukraine (Great Britain)
- British Association of Social Workers (BASW, Great Britain)
- State Centre for Social Services for Youth (Ukraine)
Project is funded by European Union
Project is implemented by