« Photogallery16/12/08 Children in Crisis
Ôîòî: Andriy Sharapa, Ukraine
Children aged 4-18 live without the love and care of a family in this residential care institution in Kyiv oblast.
These are their stories.
- This is Anya. She is 4 years old. She lives here because her Mum can’t look after her and because she has no documents she cannot be placed in family type care. Anya needs a social worker to help her get a birth certificate and then find a new family.
- This is Sasha. He is 6 years old. He hopes to go home when his mum has received treatment for alcohol addiction.
- He says he would like to be a photographer when he grows up.
- This is Halynka. She is 9 years old. Halynka dreams of becoming a famous dancer. She has been living here for a year. Her grandfather visits her and when she gets her birth certificate he wants her to come and live with him. Halynka has learned that if you don’t have the proper documents life can be very difficult.
- Ihor is 17 and Vova is 12. They have been living her for more than 6 months and have become best friends. They both want to be professional footballers. Ihor hopes that someday soon he will be able to live with his grandmother. Vova would like to live with his Aunt in Lviv.
- Lyuda is 17. She has 11 siblings from whom she has been separated for many years. Social workers have helped her to find her older sister and she is hoping to go and live with her.