EveryChild organized training on child participation for social workers, teachers and mentors from Kyiv region
On the 24th of June EveryChild expert Emily Delup (UK) facilitated a training session for 12 participants from Kyiv region on child participation.
In Ukraine child participation is likewise a new concept and few people believe that a child can have a unique, individual voice and that children may be capable of participating in decision-making on issues that affect their lives. Frequently the opinions of children are not taken seriously.
The event contributed to the promoting of the participation of children and young people in all aspects of national and community life. Our expert worked in partnership with parents, teachers, policy makers to foster both the concept and the practice of participation: good and bad questions, proper environment, how to take notes and to listen, ethical issues and etc.
On the 25th of June participants of the seminar facilitated children's (beneficiaries of leaving-care services) discussions in Tarashcha and Pereyaslav-Kmelnitsky on the separation framework. It is envisaged that the conceptual framework will provide EveryChild with some information on:
- The different places where separated children live around the world.
- The reasons why children end up becoming separated from their parents and families
- The problems that children face when living apart from their parents and families
- Any benefits from living apart from parents and families.
- Ideas for the best way to help children who are separated (live apart) from their parents and families.